The River Management Society Library maintains a variety of river-related reference materials, and we encourage you to take period walks through the aisles when you are looking for solutions to river management questions that may have been addressed by others.
- Current issue of the RMS Journal
- Allocating River Use: a review of approaches and existing systems for river professionals (see below)
The document is linked, below and available in quantity (40 books per box) for instructors and organizations
- Drowning Machines, a paper published in the National Academy of Sciences that provides a technical treatment of the public safety hazard present at low head dam
Invasive Species Management
Aquative Invasive Nuisance Species
Carrying Capacity and River Use Allocation
River managers, river advocates, and outdoor industry outfitters and manufacturers encourage enjoyment of our nation's rivers. When traffic increases, however, processes become necessary so the experience is fun, inspiring and safe for both the resource itself and those who enjoy it. RMS is pleased to provide resources for river managers faced with new customers and new types of use on increasingly popular rivers. See River Use Allocation..
National Park Service Rivers, Trails, Conservation Assistance (RTCA) Program
- River Log (two sizes) - Blank note sheets and reference pages that feature tips for tying basic knots, Leave No Trace suggestions, river signals and other information. Pocket Size sheets: 3 ½” x 4 ¾”, Large size:7” x 4 ½”. Printed on waterproof paper.
- Pre-trip Checklists - Each single sheet provides the comprehensive and practical and advice offered by river guides when orienting customers prior to a trip..Printed on the front and back of super tough Tyvek 8 ½” x 11” sheets (often worn by running or biking competitors),
Available to RMS Members
Quarterly - The print version of the RMS Journal is mailed to members
Every Day - In RMS "Stacks"
Archives and other materials available to members exclusively iclude:
Members are invited to share articles, white papers, other publications, and links related to topics of interest to river management professionals.