Every three years the River Management Society voting membership elects four national officers: President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer.
Nominations are being accepted for the 2015-2017 RMS National Board Officers and for Pacific, Southeast and Northeast Chapter officers.
- National elections are held on a three year cycle (2011, 2013, 2016…..)
- Calls for nominations and officer position descriptions will be published in the June issue of the River Management Journal as well as be mailed to the current membership.
- Ballots, including biographies, will be mailed to the current voting membership (Professional and Lifetime Members) no later than August 31. If timely, biographies will also appear in the River Management Journal
- If no person has been nominated for an office, the Succession Committee will be responsible for nominating at least one person to run for the office.
- Ballots will be due back to the Society’s business office no later than September 30.
- Counting will be done by the Executive Director and validated by a Succession Committee Member not running for a national office.
- Officers will be announced in the December issue of the River Management Journal and assume the roles and duties of office on January 1.
- Incoming and outgoing officers will be invited to attend any intervening Board meetings.
- If a Succession Committee member is running for office, he/she will recuse themselves from the committee.
- In the event of a tie, there will be a run-off election by the end of November
Elected officers take office and assume duties described in the National Officer Roles.
The time commitment for each officer varies. All national officers are expected to participate on a monthly conference call and attend an annual three-day board meeting. Cost of travel to the annual board meeting is covered by the individual's employer or by RMS.