Every three years the River Management Society voting membership elects four national officers: President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer.
The National Board Election for President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer is underway!
- National elections are held on a three year cycle (2011, 2013, 2016…..)
- Calls for nominations and officer position descriptions are published in the Spring issue of the RMS Journal mailed to the current membership and posted online.
- Voting takes place online. Candidate statements are available for review by members of the public, and on the ballot for those eligible to vote, Professional and Lifetime Members.
- If no person has been nominated for an office, the Succession Committee is responsible for nominating at least one person to run for the office.
- Ballot counting will be completed by the Executive Director and validated by a Succession Committee Member not running for a national office.
- Officers will be announced in the December issue of the River Management Journal and assume the roles and duties of office on January 1.
- Incoming and outgoing officers will be invited to attend any intervening Board meetings.
- If a Succession Committee member is running for office, he/she will recuse themselves from the committee.
- In the event of a tie, there will be a run-off election by the end of November
Elected officers take office and assume duties described in the National Officer Roles.
The time commitment for each officer varies. All national officers are expected to participate on a monthly conference call and attend an annual three-day board meeting. Cost of travel to the annual board meeting is covered by the individual's employer or by RMS.